Subject: Re: [Leica] 50/2 Summicron 11817
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:51:08 EDT

In a message dated 8/25/99 8:17:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dcardish@microtec.net writes:

<< Add me to the disagree list as per the tele-elmarit.  I have one and I
 think it is fine.  I have nothing to compare it with, though, so from a
 relative standpoint you may be right.  It will be interesting to compare it
 with my new 90/2 (whenever).

 Dan C. >>

Add me also.  I have 2 Tele-Elmarits (fat and thin) and a current Elmarit-M.
The newer lens gives more contrast at f2 (especially) and f2.8 (less of a
difference), and the "fat" T-E shows a bit less contrast at, again, the 2
largest apertures than the "thin" one.  From f5.6 all 3 lenses look identical
in every side-by-side comparison I've been able to do with them.  I can't
speak for that ephemeral out-of-focus bokeh stuff because it means zip to me.
 I shoot scenics mostly and I want as much as possible in focus and tack
sharp so I'm usually stopped down.

DT