Subject: Re: [Leica] Thoughts on cameras as instruments
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 00:39:21 -0600

Good point! Work has definitely been part of it, but I'll also be taking
a break from the LUG shortly, simply because it occupies too much of my
time, and right now, I really feel the urge to get out and achieve some
photographic greatness rather than worry whether my M6 is quite as
"buttery smooth" as my M4 was :-) I've had a few images in particular
nagging at me, and so far, they've never come out as I had hoped. But
I've completed repairs on my 4x5 view camera, and it's about time to
load up the film holders, head out into the woods, and find that
combination of composition and processing techniques which really brings
the scene back alive. Time passes too quickly when you're immersed in
stuff that *seems* important; time to blow some of it off and get back
to creating art, gazing at distant worlds in the nighttime sky or flying
a kite!

Jeff