Subject: [Leica] Thoughts on fine ale, and on cameras as instruments
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 21:14:48 -0000

D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg> asked:

>Alas, the influence of fine ale seems to give the impression of
dexterity,
performance and great achievement.  Waking up to reality the next
morning
would often dampen the gusto produced by the ethanol the day before.

>So pray tell, how did the pictures actually turn out?

It was only a single pint of fine ale, and this indulgence came at a
relatively late stage in the afternoon, after I'd already spent some
time ducking in and out of ancient churches trying to find scenes
which threatened to flare a lens (the goal of the exercise being to
confirm that the IIIg and its Summicron were working OK before taking
them as the second camera on a trip to Bruges). My left hand had
remembered its cunning long before it had to hand over her Brittanic
Majesty's coinage in payment for this modest amount of ale. The film
is about half-used; the next weekend or so will finish it, and I'll
get to see the results.

Regards,

Doug Richardson