Subject: [Leica] Use of a Super Colorplan P2 on a P2002 projector
From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 05:19:20 -0400

 Tim Phipps wrote:

>Is anyone aware of any problems with using the P2 in the
>P2002 projector, such as damage to the rear element of the lens or maybe
>problems with the autofocus mechanism?  I would just as soon not return it
>if there is no real reason to do so.

I also bought a 2002 with P2 lens. I also noticed that the Leica brochure
lists the Colorplan P for the 2002. My dealer contacted Leica UK, who had
supplied the unit to him. They said the difference was cosmetic only. I
upgraded the lens for a Super Colorplan anyway. The results on my 7' screen
are great.
Cheers Frank