Subject: Re: [Leica] BOKEH of 35mm lenses (prev.Reply to visitors of mywebsite / Leica M comments)
From: Mikiro <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:39:36 +0200

Hi, There was a technical report on the relationship between quality of
bokeh and use of aspherical lenses in Asahi Camera (a Japanese photo
journal).  According to the article, aspherical lenses themselves should not
be accused for harsh bokeh.  On the contrary, less abberations with
aspherical lenses can THEORETICALLY give better bokeh.  The report concluded
that the aquality of bokeh depends on the overall lens design and
construction and not simply on whether or not aspherical elements are used.
In this article bokehs of 35/2asph and 35/1.4asph were compared.  The
former had more comfortable bokeh to the reporter's eyes (and also to my
eyes).

Mikiro