Subject: RE: [Leica] Proper care for new M6
From: "Greg.Chappell" <Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 21:43:14 -0500

I would by a Domke strap with the leather inserts. Along with the protective
strips the body has, that will protect your body from wear from the strap.
You can burn a hole in the shutter if you leave the lens pointing at the sun
with the lenscap off, but if you are taking a picture, you should be safe
for a few seconds, but don't go beyond that time. The lenses & the bayonet
of the camera are LIGHTLY coated, but you need to not clean it off or you
will notice a change in the smoothness of lens changes. I've never really
notice and dust collecting on them. As to keeping your camera nice, always
keep in the camera bag in a compartment either by itself or with a lens
attached so nothing alse will bang into it. If you don't use it for a while
(never!) take the battery out so the terminals will stay clean.

Most of that is common sense, but that kind of stuff is the best protection
for most situations.

Greg