Subject: [Leica] B&W Film
From: "Roy Feldman" <royfel@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 23:46:52 -0400

I want to thank everyone how responded to my "How to clean a tray question"
one suggestion I got was to drop in the tablets used to clean dentures-- it
works.
OK this has been discussed a lot but.
I'm in search of a B&W film to standardize on. I am looking for a 400 speed
(320 is ok). I want good detail but don't care if it has some grain. I do
not push. I have been using cn and xp2s but am concerned with the archival
properties. All my film is sent to a commercial lab(XTOL- D&Dunk) .
I don't really have the time to test HP5,Delta 400. Agfa is hard to find and
TMAX scared me off before XTOL was available. I use TRI-X  now but wish I
had a bit more detail.
Could one of you regulars give me a thumb nail sketch on HP, Delta and TMAX
in XTOL.