Subject: [none]
From: Aubin <aubin@aa.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 20:34:15 -0700

Zzzaaapppp!  Exiting lurking mode . . . .

Greetings B.D.

I've been using a (latest) 28/50/90 combo for a while, switched to the 24/50/90 trio; and love it.
I NEED the 35 now though, since the jump from 50 to 24 is too much sometimes (Don't you
Just love that rationalization?!).

I use the 24/50 most of the time, rarely the 90, but when I need it, it's the best thing in the world
for what it does!  Could live with the 24/35/50 for 90 percent of the work I do, but won't sell that
90/f:2.8 for love or money, now that I have it and its paid for!

I'd get the 24, its too damn good not to have, but then again, if I had it to do over, I'd get the
M6HM, a 35/f:1.4 and 75/f:1.4, and then worry later about what I wanted next. Probably a Nocti!

My way of deciding what to get next has always been to try and remember, in each situation,
what lens I wanted at that precise moment.  If one in particular keeps coming up, that's what gets
bumped to the top of the stack.  Its easy to lust after each thing that you don't have but do want,
but I have to think about what I really wanted/needed the most and focus (blech!) on just that.

You know, I'd hate to do it all over again, I'm settling in on this trio rather comfortably now, and
Think I'll just leave well enough alone until I just HAVE to have another lens!

Enjoy your search, and take care -

Norm

Zzaaapppp - back to the shadows!