Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Cameras....
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 10:17:00 -0500

At 06:24 AM 8/28/99 -0700, you wrote:
>There is no need for a
>shutter in a digital camera.  There is no need for a LCD VF in a digital
>camera.

Two conclusions I would not go along with, having used them.

Hey, Leica dudes, I'm back! :-)

First of all, the new Nikon digital camera has flash sync. at 1/500 of a
second. Very, very useful. A digital shutter is a good idea, like what
you're talking about, but I don't think it's ready for prime time.

An LCD viewfinder is not totally necessary, but once you've used one (and I
have on a DC2000 - same as DCS520) you'll never go back.

Digital cameras are coming down in price quickly. The new Nikon D-1 is
$5,800 and it is arguably the most amazing digital camera around. Getting
right down towards Leica-like prices.

:-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

In my photography, color and composition are inseparable. I see in color.
- -William Albert Allard, "The Photographic Essay"