Subject: [Leica] Re: why selling my 70-180
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 09:37:28 -0700

I do "love" the lens. It is one of the best (if not THE best) variable
focal length lenses on the market. It's better than 99% of the fixed focal
length lenses as well. The reason I am selling it is that I have only used
it three or four times, and it is simply too much money sitting idle. For
the kind of photography I do, I end up using 6x6 or 4x5 for static subjects
because I need the image size. I have been making a lot of 30x40 Ciba's
prints and recently some 48x60 LightJets. So the size of the original is
real important. To make a 48x60 LightJet print, the scan has to be 252MB.
That's a lot of pixels. And you need a large transparency.

The bottom line is that I wanted a Hasselblad Flex body and some 220 backs.
And the 70-180 is just sitting here.

Jim

At 10:12 AM 8/28/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Jim,
>
>Quick question. Why are you selling the Vario Apo-Elmarit-R 2,8/70-180?  I
thought from previous posts that you