Subject: Re: [Leica] [Not Leica]Rolleiflex/Rolleicord
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 09:38:46 +0200

Rolleicord lenses are notoriously soft - but in a pictorial way some people
like. I do not think that Franke&Heidecke ever made lenses for twin-lens
reflexes (Marc may correct me on this) and the lenses are from Zeiss
(Triotar) or Scheneider-Kreuznach (Xenar). Rolleiflex lenses are another
thing compeletely (well if you discount the 2.8 Tessar) - they are sharp.
Iīve had 3.5E with the famous Zeiss Planar and now have 3.5F with the not
so famous Schneider Xenotar and the Xenotar is sharper and has much better
contrast (Marc may correct me on this, too - but thatīs how it really is).

All the best!
Raimo
Photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen