Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Proper care for new M6
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 05:28:33 +0000

>Jim Brick wrote:
>
>> There is only one answer to your question(s). Use the hell out of your M6.
>> Carry it everywhere, crank that film through, shoot shoot shoot.
>> Don't baby
>> it. The more it's used, the better it will perform. And the better it will
>> look and feel. A happy M6 is a well used M6. If you want to have a
>> "perfect" M6 for all time. Buy another and lock it in a safe. It will be
>> unhappy, problematical, finicky, moody, but no marks or other
>> signs of use.
>
>Amen.
>
>Will von Dauster

I am using more and more of my M6 now and the older M3 has taken sort of
2nd place.  The M6 meter is really accurate and I get more useable shots.
My M4 is hardly touched and it is throwing temper tantrums, looking weak
and anemic, prone to asthmatic breathlesness and is likely to disuse
atrophy eventually. Its time to take it out for some sunshine.

Dan K.
       Money is like fertilizer.  It is useless until it leaves your hand.