Subject: Re: [Leica] Slightly OT- More eBay idiocy!
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 18:25:26 -0700

Roger writes:
- -XXXXXXX

A dealer offered a new 15mm Voigtländer with warranty etc. It
closed at $610.00 from a buyer in Cayman Is.

Good grief, they're $449.00 at B & H and $499.00 at Tamarkin!
ailto:roger@beamon.org
    Nothing worse could happen to one than to be completely understood.
                -- Carl Jung

I find a lot of dealer-to-dealer transactions going on.  What I always like
(not) is when some Leica "expert" informs a dealer with 300-400 transactions
that the dealer has a extremely rare Leica item on the auction and that it is
worth boku bucks.  I could understand this type of gratuitous advice to
someone that has sold one or two Leica items.  OTOH, then you have the dealer
describing an R-1 or R-2 item as "extremely rare."

As to your tagline, I don't mind being completely understood --- I get really
worried when everyone is in complete agreement.

Regards, Bill