Subject: [Leica] YANO (Yet Another Noctilux Owner)
From: "Ken Iisaka" <kiisaka@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 22:24:22 -0700

At the Photo Fair in San Mateo over the weekend, I traded in the latest
Summicron 50mm and a tall stack of cash for a mint Noctilux (11821, 60mm,
Leitz).

Living in a redwood forest, I've often wished for a brighter lens for taking
pictures of my 19 months old son, and seriously considered getting the new
Hexanon 60mm/1.2 while in Japan a week ago.  However, I did not succumb to
the temptation, and the Noctilux finally won me yesterday.  So, I am now a
member of NUT (Noctilux User Troop)

Today, I ran through 2 rolls of XP2 Super @ ISO 100/21 around my house and
at
Stinson Beach, where swimming was prohibited due to presense of sharks.  I
am now very
anxious to finally unpack my darkroom stuff from our move from Japan to the
SF Bay Area three months ago.  As it is, I already
have 30 rolls of negs to go through.

Now, I wish for an M5 with a M6J or M3 finder...