Subject: RE: [Leica] Dr. Blacktape Places an Order...
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 09:57:22 -0500

At 10:17 AM 8/31/99 +0200, you wrote:
>I don't want to begin a Nikon vs Leica war, but I would be curious to know how
>you determined that the 75 Summilux is not as sharp as the Nikon 85

I would think it depends on which Nikkor 85. The new 1.4 is supposed to be
outstanding. But I doubt it's significantly sharper than the Summilux. That
lens, used properly is amazing, though sharpness isn't even it's
outstanding performance point. So I guess this topic is moot. Enjoy it for
what it is. It's sharp enough, when used properly!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Okay, who put a  stop payment  on my reality check?