Subject: Re: [Leica] private e-mail Re: Slightly OT- More eBay idiocy!
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 06:34:49 +0000

>If you want to see the strangest one yet check out the completed sale at
>e-bay on item no. 151736533, a used, battered, key lock (lost I think), 25
>year old Halliburton Aluminum Case about 12inches by 9 inches, where the
>last three bidders raised it from $75, about 2 to 4 times its value, to $510!
>
>I wonder whether the seller will get a check?
>
>Bob Rosenberg

With $510, who needs to bid for some 25 year old Halliburton case unless
there is some sentimental value attached to it (but then having 3 persons
with such same sentimental values seem unlikely)?  I'd go for the latest
new one in the market.

I have heard about people being "hooked" on Ebay..... and being "hooked"
can be viewed as a mental illness.

I have bidded a couple of times but lost out to others.  I can tell you
that the frustrations can make one really MAD enough to win at least once
by outbidding the hell out of the rest by making an offer that will impress
the world!!  On the other hand there are people who have the self control
not to go beyond the limits of reality and rationality.

Dan K.
      'It seems easier for one poor father to provide for five children, than
 for five rich children to provide for one poor father' - A Dutch proverb.