Subject: Re: [Leica] Fw: Epson Stylus Photo 1200
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 20:01:41 -0400

At 14:25 -0400 31/08/99, Paul Bolam wrote:
>       From: Paul Bolam  Subject: Epson Stylus Photo 1200
 [ . . . ] 3) I'm concerned that Epson photo prints
are not permanent and  may fade in the light.

	--> with time, in about 4 month "steps", you'll get these two
	problems:

	--> yellows bleed easily with time against dark areas

	--> there's a definite and immediately recognizable
	magenta overcast that develops, and after two years
	in ordinary apartment daylight, it gets to be obscene.

	--> I have no negative comments for B&W photos
	or text. Text is outstanding.

	--> my personal notion on all this is: it's a very good
	personal printer that outputs excellent color, but I would not use
	it professionally. Its behaviour can be erratic and I most
	definitely never would tolerate that in a work context.
	It's a difficult challenge to do better at competing price
	points as things are. Banding can be a problem, especially with
	very low ink situations or at 720 dpi sometimes.

	--> my own model is a Stylus Pro, and it was much more interesting
	with a PC. I prefer the MAC but the Epson and MAC is not
	such a hot proposition, even though I'd probably end up buying
	another Epson if inkjet, as Tektronix Phaser is out of reach
	for me. Let me dream, please.

	Andre Jean Quintal