Subject: RE: [Leica] B&W Film
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 07:53:51 +0200

Hello Andrew,

Your results surprise me. I use Delta 100 and 400. And the grain of D400 *is*
finer than the one I get with Tri-X. Not a lot, sure, but finer. And fine
details present a far better accutance.

I develop Delta 400 with Xtol 1+1 during 7 mn 40 s at 24 deg C. I agitate
constantly during the first minute and then 5 s each 30 s. This process gives me
the best tonality *I* need in order to get good scans. On current lighting
pictures, I get a scanned range of greys from 10 to 245 (on a scale from 0 to
255). IMHO, the best tonality possible is far more important than the finest
grain possible. I guess that's why so many fine photographers still use Tri-X.
But I found that Delta gave me the best of two worlds.

- --
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)
Systems and RDBMS consultant (MCSE)
Lyon, France