Subject: RE: [Leica] Nikon v Leica
From: "Greg.Chappell" <Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 11:08:48 -0500

I own one of the first 85 1.8 Nikkors made (according to the ser #, it dates
from about 1961, that was AI'd (not Nikon job). Bought it around 5 years ago
for $60! That lens is as sharp as any Nikkor in that focal length. Whenever
I DO use that system, it's my most used lens. Too bad it could not be
converted to AIS for use with AF cameras metering systems that require AIS
technology. On an F3 its great.

Problem is, since going to the M6, it hardly ever sees the light of day now!