Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Reply to Nikon/Leica
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 18:44:53 EDT

In a message dated 9/1/99 4:25:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dkdion@home.com
writes:

<< I'm referring to the newer new 28-70 f2.8 AF-S Nikkor. It's my husband's
 lens and he and I shot shot the same subject (some shacks in the Florida
 Everglades at the water's edge) to compare the F100 and the M6 with 50mm
 lenses. He used that Nikkor lens because it had a 50mm setting and I guess
 it was on his camera. >>

Thanks for the clarification.  I also spoke to a friend who says his 50 f1.8
AF Nikkor  blows the 28-70 AF-S away. That little $80 plastic-body lens has
MTF values close to the M-Summicron (.85 vs .86 avg, .62 vs .67 @ 40 lppm) so
your comparison to the Leica lens seems right-on.