Subject: [Leica] Long lenses
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 16:09:36 -0700

Hello LUGers,

I have been using Contax as my primary reflex camera since 1978.
The longest lens (non-mirror) they manufacture is a 300mm.
I have been interested in using longer lenses Such as the Telyts but don't
want to invest in an other reflex system.

Since there  is an adapter available for Leitz-Canon, and I do have an EOS,
it is now feasable to explore the possibility of investing in a used long
lens in the range of 400-600mm.

Being totally ignorant of past Telyts, I need to ask the following: Do they
all have the focus handle? Does the handle mount on the tripod or is there a
separate mount? Which would be the better choice in the 400-600mm range from
the standpoint of performance vs. price?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Joe