Subject: [Leica] Re:North Carolina - WAY OFF Topic
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 00:00:51 -0400

> >On 25 Aug 99, roland wrote, at least in part:
>
> >> I find it interesting that MDs have to insist on the recognition of their
> >> professional designation and try to be a special royalty in this country.
> >> It's too bad they can't work on being human beings and be respected for
> >> sensitive friendly qualities.
>
> Some people are really title conscious.  There is an attorney in
> Huntsville, Alabama that insists that you address him as Attorney
> ________________.  I do but also insist that he address me as Certified
> Insurance Counselor Grimwood.  It is crazy how people let their education,
> profession and titles go to their heads.  I good dose of humility does us
> all good.
>
> BG

LUGGERS of Noble Character:

I was going to ignore this insulting post but I can't let it pass.   I find it curious and
hypocritical that Roland and Bill choose to castigate me for the effrontery of using "
M.D." after my name rather than address the issue to which I had posted - i.e. that I found
a certain reference to First in Flight as the motto of the Italian Navy potentially
insulting.  I have communicated with Marc on this subject and he insures me that he meant
it to be taken in a positive sense and for this I believe him and hold no animus.  It is
curious though that the mere signing of my name as I do fifty times a day and how I am
addressed another fifty times a day should precipitate such a rant.  YOU don't know me and
have NO RIGHT to assume that I am anything but humble or that I "let my education go to my
head".  Where do you come off suggesting such.  As a 25+ year member of the LHSA and as a
MALUG member people who know me can attest to my character and integrity.  You should be
ashamed of yourselves.

Paul T. Collura