Subject: Re: [Leica] R Superwide Questions
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 10:33:18 -0500

At 02:57 PM 9/2/99 +0100, you wrote:
>I find the old 19 quite a nice lens to use if you don't
>mind a front the size of a dinnerplate once it has the filter on it.

It was a moose. The problem with filters is that at the angle light goes
through at the edges, the image quality suffers. The new 19 is much more
compact, and has built-in filters (which I never use). But if I did want to
use filters with it, and I might some day, Pete Stone of Portland Oregon
has given me plans to take a second lens hood for the lens and reverse it
so that it can be used as a filter holder. I have the second hood (came
with the lens) ready to be adapted.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The distinction between past, present and future is only an illusion, even
if a stubborn one. - Albert Einstein