Subject: RE: [Leica] Autofocus Visoflex was: M and R Future
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 20:56:42 -0400

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> This has been a huge couple of years for the Leica M system.
> The whole Leica M lens line has been virtually redone in no time
> flat to an
> impressive auspicious effect. Let's give it a year or two for the
> word to get
> out and for it to sink in. ...
> The Leica choice will soon represent not so much a precious niche
> but a heathy minority.
> And I'm sorry but Leica for me is rangefinder. It will be
> interesting to see if
> Herr Cohen brings what SLR projects to the front burner. I still
> say they could
> reinstitute the R7 like they did with the M.

	I couldn't agree more, except that instead of a reinstituted R series why
not reinstitute a modern visoflex ... e.g. a bright viewfinder, shutter
priority AE and autofocus ... with the old lenses working in manual and
focus confirmation mode. In the past several decades, the advances in
miniature electronics ought make a mean viso.

Jonathan Borden