Subject: Re: [Leica] Giving Away Cameras
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 22:51:27 -0500

At 09:51 PM 9/6/99 -0400, InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:
>An arrangement whereby you get a free R8
>+ lens with purchase of, say, a new Mercedes or BMW, would also be good
>marketing because it pairs "prestige" brands in the mind of the public

You may have something there. Leica could give them away to luxury car
companies with a 50 Summicron, or the 35-70 for cost, and the car company
has a premium to make their car look even better. The owner takes pictures
of his new car with the free roll of Velvia in the camera, and when the
pictures come back, he's sold on Leicas as well as Mercedes! Great idea!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

    My best work is often almost unconscious and occurs ahead of my ability
to understand it. -Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"