Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V11 #46
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 09:54:27 EDT

royfel@hotmail.com writes:

<< I just revisited the E. Putts web page and read his new FAQ's section.
WOW
 - I've been a pro for 20 years but Mr. Putts has made me understand things
 that I was guessing at before. Some of the best reading I've done, and I
 read a lot. Thank you Mr. Putts. >>

The only question I have after reading Mr. Puts FAQ's is his opinion about
the merits of the MTF @ 40 lppm.  He states that it is practically beyond the
capability of the film...but one day soon it won't be, and if I'm buying a
lens now I would still put some importance on that figure, especially if
(like myself) you intend to make large prints.