Subject: Re: [Leica] Motor Drive R8
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 15:54 +0100 (BST)

> Have you ever held an RTSIII?

No, with cameras that huge I normally arrange to have staff to hold them
for me. :-)

But the RTSIII is a pretty old design. I was really suggesting that the AX
is 1080g, the ST and RX are both around 800g, so with an R8 weighing in at
890g an R9 might be 890*(1080/800) or 1200g, which is pretty heavy!

Given that the RTSIII is actually *heavier* than the AX, that argument
goes up in smoke, so I'll shut up.