Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica vs. Hasselblad (was Leica and Hasselblad)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 10:04:44 -0500

At 11:33 PM 9/6/99 -0700, Bill Erfurth wrote:
>Hasselblad has products to sell...Leica doesn't.  A
>quick check of the B&H ad in this month's ShutterBug
>Magazine shows Hasselblad with 10 products pictured on
>about 2/3rds of a page.  Leica, on the other hand, has
>two products shown on 1/6th.

Like Leica has anything to do with the size of B&H's ad? And have you been
ignoring Leica saying they're not going to pursue the "camera as jewelry"
crowd only in the future? It takes time for a Teutonic company to make the
turn around. And with all the fantastic lenses they've been bringing out,
it probably has a lot to do with their slowness to get their ducks in order.

I think they still have a smidgen of time to make the R8 successful. Too
many people, from the start, have been too anxious to kill the R system in
this group. With those kinds of friends, who needs Nikon and Canon to kill
market share?

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.