Subject: Re: [Leica] Help printing scanned Leica negatives!
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 12:05:11 -0400

Actually, Frank- It makes some sense! I look at the negatives that I do with
the Leica, scanned at the top resolution, and the grain is more evident than
the pixels! I can tell a BIG difference between negatives that I took, say
with my Mamiya C220 - that I used some, 23 years ago, and the more recent
Leica shots.
The Mamiya shots, even with the 6x6 negative are not as sharp and defined as
the Leica images!
Scanning and printing at the highest resolution makes a difference, and the
Leica stuff actually gives you a better image... I will say this, the Scan
Multi does a good job- but there are so many switches and do-dads on
photoshop that getting that wonderful screen image to paper is almost as
much a challenge as doing prints in the darkroom!
Dan