Subject: RE: [Leica] M4-2
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 23:40 +0100 (BST)

B. D. Colen wrote:

> Richard - I'm sure 318 people will leap to correct me, but it seems to
> me
> the general LUG consensus is that if there is an M Dog, it's the M4-2.
> It's
> all relative of course, but the general feeling seems to be that the
> M4-P is
> the more reliable of the two.

Well maybe, but I would say that when you're talking about a camera that's
around 20 years old, the reliability of any single example is going to
have a lot more to do with what that particular camera has been through in
its long life, than any overall reputation the two models may have gained
over the same period.

Whatever the consensus may be, a carefully used and properly serviced M4-2
is likely to be a lot more reliable proposition now, than an ill-treated
or un-serviced M4P.