Subject: [Leica] Re:
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 19:57:02 -0700

Stuart Phillips wrote:

> <Also the person who posted the original complaint under this heading made
> <a very negative comment about North Carolina a few weeks ago....being
> <from the south I am used to this kind of statement as we are always
> <accused of being racist/bigoted just because of our accents...maybe this
> <fellow should look to his own prejudices before posting such nonsense to
> <the list.
>
> I am the person who posted a comment about North Carolina.  I did so based
> not on the accents of  those living in the southern states but on the
> appalling history (if history is the word for something which happened a
> mere twenty years ago) of  their treatment of blacks. I'm sorry if North
> Carolina wasn't as I said "Last in civil rights" - maybe second to last.  Oh
> yeah, and to forestall the obvious, some of my best friends are black too.

I think who ever it was was kidding on the North Carolina thing. I don't think
anyone cares one way or the other about individual states. I also don't think
you sounded like a racist or that anyone thought you were. Fuck 'em that's what
I say! People like be when the agree with me. How many are those today? Who
knows? Tomorrow they'll think we're both great becase we will be on agreement on
some issues.
Mark Rabiner