Subject: Re: [Leica] Galen Rowell and Nikon
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 10:21:18 -0700

"Henning J. Wulff" wrote:

> At 5:56 PM -0300 9/7/99, Robert G. Stevens wrote:
>
> >On another note, Galen is surprisingly short when you see him in person.  I
><Snip>  I guess the Indianna Jones movies have us
> >programmed to expect these adventures to be taller.
>
> Galen used to be tall and use a good camera, then the succumbed to the lure
> of Nikon lucre, and sunk lower and lower.><Snip>
>    *            Henning J. Wulff

I thought you were going to made a crack about getting married. One of my Dad's jokes.
I never notice height much on people I meet. I think we notice it more if they
have professionally pre honed images hyped out for us like movie stars. The fact
the Galen is such an "image" photographer (his own image) says it all. The
emphases should be on the images he creates not what he sees in the mirror in
the morning. It's his peoples fault.
Mark Rabiner