Subject: Re: [Leica] glass plate negs
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 12:26:32 +0400

ckk wrote:

> Imagine Leica quality images being reproduced in the year 2090.
> Aren't our Progeny lucky. Or maybe our "hot spit" Leica gear will be
> considered dated and of poor quality by this time.  This is the most
> likely
> condition, although hard to believe at this time.

Wouldn't that sort of quality be way beyond what we can perceive? My
guess is that for reasons of practical applicability, optical advances
will come to a halt (it's commerce after all; people got to want to buy
it). This doesn't go for telescopes and microscopes, so I'm limiting my
comment to photo-gear.

Bernard