Subject: Re: [Leica] lenses combinations
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 09:33:25 EDT

cvercruysse@skynet.be writes:

<< I plan to buy an M6 TTL, a Summilux 1:2/35mm ASPH & an APO-Summicron-M
 1:2/90mm ASPH.

 Considering that I mostly do travelling and family photography, that I only
 want 2 lenses, could you recommend a more versatile combination ?

 Should I purchase the M6 TTL O.85 if I'd go for the above couple of lenses ?

 Can  anybody suggest a self-timer that one can adapt to the body ? >>

Do you mean Summicron 1:2/35 ASPH, or Summilux 1:1.4/35 ASPH?  For strictly
travel use, I would recommend the Summicron (f2) 35 and the 90 Elmarit (f2.8)
unless you *really* need the extra stop.

I would definitely recommend against the 0.85 finder if you plan to use a
35mm a lot, especially if you wear glasses.  The frameline is near impossible
to see all at once.

There are generic selftimers out there that screw into the cable release
socket.  Most any major photo dealer has or can order one, and they usually
pop up frequently at photo flea markets.