Subject: Re: [Leica] lenses combinations- and a HEARTY WELCOME!
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 09:44:48 -0400

Claude-
The minimalist kit you mentioned seems to be a favorite on this list! I
would suggest that you examine the 75 as well as the 90. Personally, I
prefer the 90, and use a Summicron-R 90 a lot for 'people' shots, but I have
found that some people really like the 75 'Lux, and it is a really top notch
lens. Here again- you need to try both to see which matches your 'vision' of
the world!
The choice of the 35 seems sound- since I have been hanging around this
bunch of Yahoos, I have actually started to favor the 35 over the 50! So I
am stuck with a scad of 50's! The 35 is not TOO wide, but it has the edge
over the 50's in scope, and depth of field- very versatile, I am finding.
Insofar as the viewfinder- I prefer the older one- non .85HM even though I
have glasses. I suppose it again is a matter of what make YOU feel
comfortable. If you have a good relationship with your dealer, he'll let you
try both, and then you can decide which meets your needs.
Glad to see a new 'face' in the crowd! I hope you hang around and share your
photographic experiences with us as well!
Good luck, and best of light to you!
Dan