Subject: Re: [Leica] short celebrities
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 12:53:45 -0700

Dave Yoder wrote:

> Ain't that the truth!! I'm geographically uncomfortably close to Hollywood and
> when I'm tapped to photograph a "celebrity" (always one-on-one+ the usual PR
> person (sphincter pre-tightened to minimum aperture), never any of that awful
> paparazzi nonsense) I'm often surprised at how short they are.

Dave,

99.9% of the planet are shorter than you!  This is one of those situations where
we have to consider the source.  Gosh, I'm always impressed at how tall everyone
is.  Ya know, like when I have to do a woman's portrait I have to find something
to stand on so I'm above her.

I've always felt my training as a photographer has qualified me to be reincarnated
as a pack animal, but I want to be a tall one, like a camel maybe!

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego