Subject: [Leica] was Galen Rowell now tools...
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 14:48:54 -0700

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Jeffcoat Photography <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Galen Rowell

> Mark: I don't think it's a matter that the tools don't count it's a matter
that a
> master can work with any tool and get the results (however frustrating the
> experience), but a great tool in lesser hands is no guarantee of great
results.

I believe it was the English race driver Stirling Moss who once got into
this argument with someone. I don't remember all of the details, but the
gist of the story is that he took a brick truck (literally a brick truck)
out on the race course and came within very few seconds of the record at the
Brands Hatch (SP) raceway. Proving once again that a master is a master
regardless of the tool in his hand.

Also, didn't Irving Penn once shoot a job with a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye to
prove a point?

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA