Subject: [Leica] camera bag
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 17:46:58 -0400

Billingham, Domke, etc. should listen up and make a bag that is sturdy
and functional inside, but has a ragged, non-descript very used cheap look
on the exterior. . .maybe even a "warning: do not use for photographic
stuff" label sewn (badly)on the outside.
Perhaps even a "black tape" covering! I actually knew someone who bought a
Billingham "Leica" bag (an Alice, I think) and trashed it. . .really did
a number on it, repeated washings, abrasions, paint stains and all. . . ..!

I find that the search for the "camera bag holy grail" is more interesting
that the camera one.   It really does seem that the manufacturers would
realize this by now. Maybe some have. I think I currently have about 6
camera bags, from an old surplus army gas mask pouch (good for a small Leica
outfit), to a black 206 (which I never use).

S.A.