Subject: Re: [Leica] camera bag
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 20:58:49 -0400

As an aside- and easier trick, and I did this to the very first bag I ever
owned! It is a Diamond leather bag- I resewed the seams, and replaced the
liner of the bag by getting some beige headliner material from an auto
upholstery place- about $6 a yard- it is a flannel like fabric with 3/8"
foam attached, you can cut it to size with scissors..
I glued it to panels of foam core, then replaced the torn fiber board from
the original by clipping the rivets, and riveting the new panels inside
using the same holes and some small rivets from Tandy.
The headliner fabric can be folded, and sewn to make dividers or 'pockets'
or compartments that fit inside- I have some strips of velcro sewn inside as
well.... Not expensive, and actually looks better than the original liner
that was just a heavy fiberboard covered in ugly, naked black foam- that
crumbled and made a mess eventually!
Dan