Subject: Re: [Leica] Opinions are like.....
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 19:57:38 -0500

At 09:37 AM 9/9/99 -0700, Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter) wrote:
> >photos. And many of his lesser known pictures - flowers for example - are
> >amazing. He has been judged by the photojournalism profession as one of the
>
> >greats of all time.
>
>That's your opinion.  Opinions are like butts, everyone has one.

Yes, that's right. Except in this case, the vast majority of photo
historians are in agreement. Or I guess I should say I'm in agreement with
them. I am not with them on Gary Winogrand. It's a matter of taste. But I
think people out the be exposed to a large body of work before determining
where they like a photographer or not. I didn't like Irving Penn until I
saw a lot of his work. I didn't appreciate a lot of other photographers
'til I saw their work hanging in a gallery.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!