Subject: Re: [Leica] glass plate negs & Leica announcement
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:00:33 EDT

<<Besides, Leica doesn't have to worry about its place in history. It will
always be known as the camera that created the profession of
photojournalism. Other cameras were there, but Leica gave us the freedom to
create the kinds of pictures we value the most. Candid slices of real life.>>

While I am as Leica crazy as anyone...didn't the Speedgraphic make pj
possible? Remember Arthur <Weegee> Felig. ;-)

I would say that the Leica made photographers like HCB and Winogrand
possible...but that isn't really photojournalism as much as "street
photography" perhaps.

Anyway, the announcement that I just received from my Leica rep. is that they
are going to start making the M6 TTL .85 HM in chrome due to popular demand.
These should be available in the next couple of months according to the
announcement. I guess it is about time. ;-)

later,
Rich