Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Black vs. silver
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:11:41 -0700

Chris Madigan wrote:
<<<< Black seems great for that unobtrusive street thing, the silver looks
a lot like the old M-3 - classic. I've read one man's opinion that the
silver wears better over time. Any thoughts/preferences?>>>>>>>

Hi Chris, My question is, "What do you want, a pretty silver thing hanging
around your neck or a camera that can take alot use and still look like new
15 years later?" IE: Black over chrome.

I don't know where the idea that the silver wears better than black as I'm
sure many of the black M user types will testify to how good their machines
look after some hard time use.

And as far as street stuff or any other kind of photgraphy, I'd go black,
always have and always will. They don't look as inviting as that nice shiny
thing hanging around your neck.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant