Subject: Re: [Leica] Introducing Johnny Deadman/and stuff....
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 09:42:00 -0400

Hi Johnny-

Welcome aboard! I, too, shoot with a Canon 7 (and from there I got an M4P,
and then sold it to step up to the M6!!) In hindsight, wish I'd sold the 7
and kept the M4P!! At one time I (briefly) owned the T90 with the 85 1.2!!!
and 135 f2!! Stupidly sold them as I began my photography career....
Was in the entertainment industry (comic and actor) and still put my foot
in it when the $$'s right.
The best qoute I ever heard regarding the entertainment industry was from
NYC comedian/radio guy Sam Greenburg:
 "There are three rules in the entertainment industry;
Nothing makes sense.
Nothing is fair.
Don't take it personally."  (I have adopted this as my "life philosophy"!)

I'd love to hear about a 'transatlantic maple syrup explosion'!

As for edge-to-edge sharpness being over rated: I have a 35 Summilux
(non-ASPH) and a 20 5.6 Russar for my M6 (the Russar won't screw into the
Canon 7 because of the size of the rear elemant) and these lenses are
TESTIMONIALS to the 'beauty' of 'blur'!!! Never mind the Canon 50 f1.4 I
shoot wide open .....

Mainly an XP-2 shooter, but if time allows will delve into the Ilford Delta
3200 for that 'fun stuff'; would love to experiment with some infrared, but
sigh.... those wedding albums won't put themselves together!

Having too much fun with the Leitz 'R' lenses on my Canon EOS A2; so my M6
has been sadly neglected the last couple of weeks!!

Hope you score the M4P! I loved mine- wish I hadn't parted with it- see if
you can get an MR-4 meter for it- they work great!

Regards to all- Jeez, I rambled there!!

Bob Keene