Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica M6 brochure
From: chefurka@sympatico.ca (Paul Chefurka)
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 18:40:24 GMT

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999 19:35:24 +0100, Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu> wrote:

>And also a strange M4 black paint with a black paint Leicavit.
>Both really brassy.
>(page 36)
>Funny they use a M4 camera version never officially sold
>as the only example of the old trusty M in that brochure.
>(even if it's not the only one made or modified by Leitz N.Y. in think)

When I turned to that page, I said "Wow, that camera looks like one of
Jim Marshall's!"  Lo and behold, it was.  Nothing says "Marshall" like
a black paint M4 that's mostly brass :-)  I can understand why Leica
used it - it's an anthem to an era in brass and glass.

If you like Leicas and came of age in the 60's, you have to get "Not
Fade Away" - Marshall's magnum opus.  He shot entirely with M4's, and
would carry up to five at a time, each matched to its own lens that
never came off.  The result was a set of iconic photographs of an "age
out of time".  And there's an intro by Michael Douglas (the actor)
that gives you a whole new insight into the hell-raising side of one
of the more respected Hollywood celebs...

Check out http://www.marshallphoto.com/

Paul Chefurka