Subject: [Leica] Re R6.2 mirror lock pin and flash
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 99 08:24:53 +1000

"ross mcleish" <cram@bigpond.com> wrote:

>> Can I use a normal shutter release cable instead?
>
> Yes Ben, use a short cable release........I do, after giving up waiting for
> the Australian distributor to obtain one from Leica for around eight months.
> Works just as well.......

Better still, I use a large straightened-out heavy-duty
paper clip.  Way cheaper and less chance of knocking the
camera when doing the pre-release.  Just poke the end of
the clip into the hole and press lightly - works every time.

(Thanks to Michael Gardner <mikeg@neca.com> for the tip!)

Another advantage of doing it this way is that is impossible
now to confuse the cable release for the MLU vs the cable
release for the shutter.

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth
nemeng.com