Subject: Re: [Leica] Beauty of the digital darkroom
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 17:41:50 -0600

Henning J. Wulff wrote:

>I'm looking for something like that as well. I've pretty much decided on
>the Powerlook III flatbed scanner. It'll do 1200dpi with about the same
>Dmax capability as the Minolta, and the price has dropped to about $1100
>from $3000+ a year ago. Wherever I've turned I've heard horror stories
>about the Minolta and their tech support.

I suggest you look at the Agfa T2500.  Very good scanner, does 2500ppi
hardware res.

WONDERFUL software!!!!!!!!

I'm getting great big fat 75 mb scans from 2 1/4.

35 good too - not quite as good as dedicated film scanners (maybe 95-99%
as good)

About $3500 and worth it. Best MF scanner out there short of the Imacon

Henry