Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital darkroom
From: Martin Howard <mvh@media.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 11:36:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, Eric Welch wrote:

> I played with an O2 Workstation once. Oh baby, enough to make me give up
> Windows or Mac!

hehe.  We have a bunch of those sitting around the Media Lab.  I routinely
remote login (ssh) to an O2 and run GIMP on it, piping the display to the
X-Windows System display on the machine I'm on.

In fact, the Media Lab has *so many* SGI's, one of them sits on top of an
old refrigerator with its camera inside facing the door.  A small program
detects whether the door is left ajar or not and prints "door open" or "door
closed" accordingly on the display.

hehe.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                                 (__)                 (__)
Visiting Scholar at MIT Media Lab |           (oo)                 (OO)
email: mvh@media.mit.edu          |   /|     ||
www: http://mvhoward.i.am/        | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~