Subject: Re: [Leica] Outputting to slides
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 08:46:01 -0500

At 09:29 AM 9/12/99 -0300, Robert G. Stevens wrote:
>Not to start a big argument, but if you compare an original slide to a
>digitally output copy of that slide, it will look inferior.

I have slides that look like originals. In fact, better than originals
because they have every bit the same sharpness (the machine that puts them
out cost well over $30,000) and because they were put through Photoshop,
there's some taming of the contrast. At $5 a slide, it's way more expensive
than shooting originals, but from a negative, this is the best way to make
slides in a hurry.

I'm not alone in my judgement on this. My colleagues at work were blown
away by the quality of these slides. It takes a good company to make such
slides, for sure. So try around, you'll find there are sources of slides
that will knock your socks off. But find one that knows what they are doing
or else you'll keep getting the results that you have been getting.

Oh, and though I do use a lot of Fuji 800, I am more likely to use ISO 100
speed film. My philosophy is the slowest film for the job. Which is why I
love fast lenses.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I don't get no respect. I called a suicide prevention line and they tried
to talk me into it.  -- Rodney Dangerfield