Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital darkroom
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 13:46:56 -0600

and Eric Welch wrote:
>Now THAT'S stupid, considering that non-Mac graphics houses invariable use
>NT. And BeOS is making a bid for that market segment. And they go with
>Linux? For Oracle, and IBM, I can see it. SGI? Something's fishy here.

Don't worry Eric - its NOT stupid. They only use NT because there has not
been anything else for the IT person to use since other flavors of
Windows are too lame.

>On the other hand, they may be looking at the long-term future and seeing
>where the anti-Microsoft movement is leading? Hmmm......
Now you're on track -
and they might actually learn about unix based stuff and be able to use
that knowledge more than 6 months out

Henry Ambrose