Subject: Re: [Leica] Re R6.2 mirror lock pin and flash
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:03:47 +0400

phong wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>
> Please excuse my ignorance, but what does this part
> do ?
>
> - Phong
> whose lonely R7 will soon have a lens

Your R7 has a little hole with screw-thread at the side of the lens
mount. If you stick a paperclip in there, your mirror will pre-fire. A
more elegant way of doing this is using a short cable release, but by
far the nicest way of using this MLU function is to get the mentioned
part, which will turn the little hole into something resembling a
button. I wouldn't want to leave home without it!

Bernard.